Friday, July 9, 2010

My Gleeful Week


Oh, what a week it was this week!
Monday through Friday, I was in a Glee Camp (you know? the show? glee?) for SIX HOURS EACH DAY, singing and dancing. It was at Douglas College, and I was in it with my friend Kieran.
*Dramatic pose.*
The whole week, the class (of 13 people) prepared for a final performance, with singing and dancing and even some acrobatics too :)
We performed today, and let me just say we did
AWWWWESOME. :D
It was amazing, and loads of fun.
Our setlist,
or,
Glist:
1. Bad Romance (I had a duet with Kieran in this!)
2. Jessie's Girl (So fun... being all girly and dancy.)
3. Defying Gravity (Wasn't in this... I find the song cheesy and slightly annoying... but the people who did perform it were amazing!)
4. Hey Soul Sister (Had a lil solo in this!)
5. Carry On My Wayward Son (Had a huge dance routine in this, with a small group of 4 other people)
6. Lean On Me (The door to get to the stage locked when you closed it, and someone let it swing closed when they walked off, so I was locked in AND I HAD A HUGE SOLO!!! >:( After me and my friends did a few polite knocks, I gave up and banged on the door as loud as I could, and screamed, "LET US OUT! WE'RE LOCKED IN!" Everyone on stage heard me... but hey ;) it worked. Oh, and I did my solo and it went well :))
7. Billie Jean (Dancing in this.)
8. Don't Stop Believing (Woot! End song. Awesome. Dramatic. Amazing. I had an acrobatic little thingymajig with Kieran and another girl, Elisse. I did the splits at the end, or attempted to, because I couldn't QUITE get it... Anyway. A great ending to a fun show!)

So there you have it :)
My week of practicing.
I made tons of new friends in the camp, which reminds me... I better go add some people on facebook!
TTYS!
-Mee.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds fabity fab fab! I wish I was there to see how everyone did...seriously! I'm glad you had a marvy time =) Lots of love <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv glee and performing you have no idea. hey guys read, comment, and follow my blog! http://theitgirlblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

If you're thinking twice about commenting, I'll make the decision easier--please do comment! It doesn't matter who you are, or how you found my blog, but if you have something nice to say that will make me smile please don't hesitate :) Love, Kayla.