Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Writing... AND AN AWARD! :D (I've always wanted to say that)

Okay, first of all YES, I got my
First
Ever
Award.
Thank you so much, Abby!
http://thesoapqueen.blogspot.com/ , because I don’t know how to tag names :P
Here it is:



Nine people I’d like to award this to (because I luv their blogs!!!) are…

1. Talia (even though your blog is being deleted! :()
http://girlzlurv2write.blogspot.com/

2. Kieran (my real-life friend! who is sitting right beside me! :))
http://aqualeau.blogspot.com/

3. Francesca (i know you're going through a hard time, and maybe this will cheer you up a bit?)
http://pigsflyingwithme.blogspot.com/

4. Hannah (gorgeous, meaningful blog!)
http://skyflames.blogspot.com/

5. Alexis (even though you don't post anymore)
http://alexis-ola-z.blogspot.com/

6. Molly (amazing blog!!)
http://openingoureyes-molly.blogspot.com/

7. Claire (even though you don't post anymore...)
http://clarissa-kaulitz-opendiary.blogspot.com/

8. Ngozi (MY FIRST FOLLOWER WHO I DIDN'T KNOW IN REAL LIFE! woot!)
http://theenviednotenviers.wordpress.com/

9. Aires band! (Okay… I meant the OTHER members of the band BESIDES me. For their amazing blog!)
http://theairesband.blogspot.com/

I know I’m lame, but I couldn’t come up with ten people.
How sad is that? :( :P

Well anyway, I know some of them won’t even read this but those who do, I hope you pass it on! :D

Now, writing time.
Here’s a poem, because I’m not too good with writing short stories.
They’re pretty hard for me—it’s novel or nothing.
So I find poems much, much easier to make.
Okay, here goes.

It’s about love.

What is love?

“Love” is such a simple word.
We can express the hundreds,
Thousands,
Of emotions running through our veins by a simple little,
“Love.”

“I love you,” can mean thousands of things.
“I love you… please don’t be mad at me!”
“I love you… you’re my boyfriend, and I don’t really, but I’m young and naieve.”
“I love you… so much right now, random acquaintance, who I don’t really love but want to make happy by saying it.”
What does it really mean,
“I love you”?

And do you love your best friends,
The same way you love your husband?
Do you love your parents,
Like you love your daughter?
That burning passion and need to protect people from anything, even if it risks your life, even if you’ll be caused the upmost pain but as long as they’re okay it doesn’t really matter to you… is this love?
So… do you really love your best friends?

Sometimes I wonder,
Not if it exists—you see it everywhere.
Not if it is real—you know it’s there.
Not if it’s stupid—how could it be?
Not if I’ve felt it—because who hasn’t, really.
But sometimes I wonder, why hate?
Why not just love?
Why can wars, and killing, and stealing, and criminal acts
Still go on, still continue, through the unbreakable emotion of love?
Sometimes I wonder…
I wonder how strong it is, and how much it can exist.

And I suppose that’s because those criminals have never… never really felt love before.
Maybe that’s all we need—somebody to love.
And care about.
And risk our lives for.
And protect.
And laugh with.
And cry with.
And be with for as long as we live.
And I suppose some people don’t have any of this.

I don’t know… I don’t know where I’m going with this.
I just don’t know the answers.
What is love?
And why doesn’t everyone have it?
And why has this amazing concept of all these emotions
Become twisted into some superficial thing that people casually say to each other?
I don’t know.

Does anyone?
What is love?

Okay… that was confusing. I kind of just poured everything on my mind into my computer, without really editing.
And you can’t really call it a poem.
Just because the first line matches with the last line of each verse,
Does not make it a poem.
It’s more of a… a messy string of thoughts casually tied together.

I’ll write a more proper poem now.

It’s about leaves.

DON’T ROLL YOUR EYES BEFORE YOU READ IT.

Okay.

Leaves are shallow forms of life,
They don’t really feel, or think.
But, neither do humans, sometimes,
Sometimes we just go along with things.

Leaves float along, with the flow
Wherever the wind might take them.
They don’t stop to consider, “Do I really want to go?”
Or if they have choices, or freedom.

They follow along, wherever
All the other leaves go.
But people, we don’t do that whatsoever…
Wait… do we? Do you? I don’t know.

Leaves venture off their trees,
Like humans do their homes.
They change their colour, frequently,
Like humans as they grow.

So much we are the same,
As these obedient little leaves,
“Go with the flow,” people say
But do you really agree?

If that was confusing, the point was that leaves go with the flow, and so do humans, but we shouldn’t. We should be independent. Strong. Not like those tiny, brainless leaves.
I’ve mentioned I hate followers of the “cool group.”
That’s kind of what this is about.

I vow to try and never do something just because
Everyone else is.

Okay, that’s good for today I think :)
Au revoir, mes amies!
(Yeah… I suck at French sometimes. But for some reason I really like speaking it.)

-KK.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award love =) And you know whats weird? You say that it's hard for you to write short stories, and you think poems are easier for you. That's the complete opposite for me. I suck at writing poems but I love writings stories! teehee =) I loved all of your poems they were just beautiful! lots of endless love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I gave you your first award! :)))
    I gave it to Molly too.
    Awesome poems!
    xx,
    ~Abby~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talia- really? Lol. How do you do that? I always need to write something LONG, and I hate stopping after only a few pages.
    English assignments are always hard for me because of that--I always go over the page limit.
    Abby- yess :) thank you!
    And oops, i didn't know molly already got one :P oh well, she can have two :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award! I really love your writing, you're extraordinary. I think the first poem does count as a poem, because poems can really be whatever you want them to be. And I love the symbolism of the leaves in the second poem. Keep up the fantastic writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks i feel sao basd i haven't been on your blog in so long.

    ReplyDelete

If you're thinking twice about commenting, I'll make the decision easier--please do comment! It doesn't matter who you are, or how you found my blog, but if you have something nice to say that will make me smile please don't hesitate :) Love, Kayla.