Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Nonfiction, For Once

"I seriously have to post on my blog..."
"Why?" she demands, holding in a laugh at my obsessiveness.
"Be-CAUSE. I have to. I already missed a day and I can't again." I roll my eyes, frustrated that she can't just read my mind and know why this is important.
Alexis sighs.
"Fine."
"Yay!" I squeal and hurry up the stairs, and sit down on the little red plastic chair facing a sleek silver macbook pro. I smile.
Then frown.
"...Wait, what should I write ABOUT?" I ask her, pissed off that I lost my good idea I had two hours ago. I had this whole thing planned... so easily forgotton.
"I don't know! How bout... how hot it is today?" Alexis sits on her bed, exhausted.
"Eh."
"How about this lil green cup?" She holds up a smiling mug with some sort of bandanna thingy over its eyes.
"Uh, no thanks."
"Why do you have to write, anyway?"
"Uh, BECAUSE IT'S WRITING WEDNESDAY!" I exclaim, like DUH.
She literally *collapses* on the bed, laughing.
"Writing Wednesday?" Alexis sputters between giggles. "How *corny*!"
I roll my eyes, because I KNOW it's corny and so what?
I like corny.
"You could have done so many more NORMAL things!" she informs me (thanks...) "like Wacky Wednesday!"
I huff.
"Still not helping."
I tell her to shhh, I'm writing, and that I'll be done soon.
So I wrote a little nonfiction, which I never, ever do :)
Unless it's for school, or something.

P.S., BOOK RECOMENDATION! Wings by... I think her name is Arianna Pike? I'm not completely positive. Something Pike. For sure Pike.
It's good, and I know it sounds kinda stupid like fairies and all but my friend Kieran reccomended it to me and I actually really like it :) which surprised me.
Not what I usually read, that's for sure.
Anyway, g2g. I've ignored Alexis long enough.
TTYF,
-Kay.

1 comment:

  1. I adored your non-fiction story =) It was so cute, lolz. And I've heard of wings and I def think I'm going to check it out =) Lots of endless love <3

    ReplyDelete

If you're thinking twice about commenting, I'll make the decision easier--please do comment! It doesn't matter who you are, or how you found my blog, but if you have something nice to say that will make me smile please don't hesitate :) Love, Kayla.